Friday, September 7, 2012

From Fog to Sun to Rain

I finished off this week with accomplishing the steps three times. Tuesday in the early morning fog, Thursday in the midday sun, and today, Friday, in the downpouring rain. Yeah!!!

If I had to pick a favorite of the three, well, that would be hard. I enjoyed the rain today...cool and refreshing, and good company. The midday sun was quite the workout, but my best friend drove into town from over an hour away to walk them with me, and we followed up with a trip to lunch (an awesome salad with curry dressing on the side...let me just say YUMMY!!) at the WhiteHouse in Iron Mountain Michigan. The fog was sort of fun to walk and talk in, though the drive off my road in the thick fog was NOT!

I am still struggling with my breathing a bit... though I went with a friend each of these three times and we gabbed all the way to the top each time, lol!  So I guess I should make an addendum to my goals, that being able to walk and TALK and not get totally out of breath.

Not sure if I will fit in the steps this weekend at all, though I am hoping to con my husband into a quick trip up to do them. Plans are being made for next week though.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I am also doing a short stint with the weightbench each morning now too. My son walked me through how to change out the weight limit and I do a set amount of reps with both my arms and my legs. I have also added some new stretches, and this has made a world of difference on how my legs feel after my workouts. I was having some lower shin pain and the stretches along with a new pair of shoes, specifically for walking and working out, has helped TREMENDOUSLY!!

 
ME IN THE RAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment